As a professional who administers and maintains SQL Server databases and who develops applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases, you will gain the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure.
As an individual, this training will be useful to those who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases and those who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning and it will assist participants to prepare for the 70-764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure exam.
This course covers the following;
• SQL Server Security
• Assigning Server and Database Roles
• Authorizing Users to Access Resources
• Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
• Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
• Backup of SQL Server Databases
• Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
• Automating SQL Server Management
• Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
• Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
• Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
• Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
• Monitoring SQL Server
• Troubleshooting SQL Server
• Importing and Exporting Data
This course requires the following:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Some experience with database design.
You will learn how to:
• Authenticate and authorize users
• Assign server and database roles
• Authorize users to access resources
• Protect data with encryption and auditing
• Describe recovery models and backup strategies
• Backup SQL Server databases
• Restore SQL Server databases
• Automate database management
• Configure security for the SQL Server agent
• Manage alerts and notifications
• Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
• Trace access to SQL Server
• Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
• Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
• Import and export data
This course will prepare you for the following certification:
• MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration certification