Oracle Database 11g: Performance Tuning
This Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning training starts with an unknown database that requires tuning. You will then learn the steps a DBA performs to identify problem areas, diagnose common problems and fix them.
- Describe Oracle tuning methodology.
- Use Oracle supplied tools for monitoring and diagnosing SQL and Instance tuning issues.
- Use database advisors to correct performance problems proactively.
- Identify problem SQL statements & tune SQL performance problems.
- Monitor the Instance Performance using Enterprise Manager.
- Tune instance components, primarily using Instance parameters.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
Course Duration – Full Time: The course lasts 5 days. Course Duration – Part Time:The course lasts 1 month.
- Basic Tuning Tools
- Using Automatic Workload Repository
- Defining Problems
- Using Metrics and Alerts
- Using Baselines
- Using AWR Based Tools
- Monitoring an Application
- Identifying Problem SQL Statements
- Influencing the Optimizer
- Using SQL Performance Analyzer
- SQL Performance Management
- Using Database Replay
- Tuning the Shared Pool
- Tuning the Buffer Cache
- Tuning PGA and Temporary Space
- Automatic Memory Management
- Tuning Segment Space Usage
- Tuning I/O
- Performance Tuning Summary
- Appendix B: Using Statspack