This course introduces students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course explains how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will be able to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The students will also learn about container-based Azure services and the most prominent examples of serverless computing. The course concludes by describing features of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
Before attending this course, students must have a background in IT. In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Understanding of how to deploy websites
• A basic understanding of virtualization
• A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers
• A basic understanding of database concepts, including tables and simple queries
At the end of this course, you will be able to;
• Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
• Use Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
• Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
• Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
• Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
• Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
• Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases.
• Create and manage Azure AD.
This course covers the following;
1. Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
• Introduction to Cloud Computing
• Introduction to Microsoft Azure
• Managing Azure
• Subscription Management and Billing
2. Microsoft Azure management tools
• What is Azure PowerShell
• The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
3. Virtual Machines
• Create and Configure Virtual Machines
• Configure Disks
4. Web Apps and cloud services
• Creating and configuring web apps Deploy and Monitor web apps
• Create and Deploy PaaS cloud services
5. Creating and Configuring Virtual Networks
• Getting Started with Virtual Networks
• Creating a Virtual Network
• Implementing Point-to-Site Networks
6. Cloud Storage
• Understand Cloud Storage
Create and Manage Storage
7. Microsoft Azure Databases
• Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
• Create and Connect to SQL Databases
8. Creating and Managing Azure Active Directory
• Manage Azure AD Objects
• Manage Authentication