Web Development for Beginners
The Web Design course equip the student with skills to design, create, and maintain web pages and websites. Students learn how to critically evaluate website quality, learn how to create and maintain quality web pages, learn about web design standards and why they’re important, and learn to create and manipulate images. The course progresses from introductory work on web design to a real-life project in which students design and develop websites that can help the community.
- Learn the language of the web: HTML and CSS.
- To understand how to create effective web pages.
- Learn techniques of responsive web design.
- Learn the basics of search engine optimization.
- Aspiring web designers and developers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Web Design Basics
- Basic Concepts
- Meaning of a web
- Getting a website live on the web
- Setting up the environment
- Text-editor e.g. Notepad++, Sublime text, Dreamweaver
- Browser e.g. Google Chrome
- HTML basics
- HTML tags
- HTML attributes
- Block and Inline elements
- HTML Images
- Structure of a html document
- Responsive design
- CSS Basics
- CSS Syntax
- Ways of using CSS with HTML
- CSS colors
- CSS links
- CSS Font
- Understanding getElementById() methods
- SEO Basics
- What is Search Engine Optimization?
- How to make search engine friendly website
- Website monetarization