This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server product features and tools related to developing a database.
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server product features and technologies for implementing a database.
This course covers the following;
• Introduction to Database Development
• Designing and Implementing Tables
• Advanced Table Designs
• Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
• Introduction to Indexes
• Designing Optimized Index Strategies
• Columnstore Indexes
• Designing and Implementing Views
• Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
• Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
• Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
• Using In-Memory Tables
• Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
• Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
• Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
• Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
• SQL Server Concurrency
• Performance and Monitoring
This course requires the following:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
You will learn how to;
• Design and Implement Tables.
• Describe advanced table designs
• Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
• Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
• Design and Implement Views.
• Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
• Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
• Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
• Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
• Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
• Store and Query XML Data.
• Work with Spatial Data.
• Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
This course prepares you for the following certification:
• MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development