The performance-based Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (EX300) tests to determine if your knowledge, skill, and ability meet those required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required to earn RHCE certification.
This exam and the exam objectives provided here are based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 version of the exam.
An RHCE certification is earned by a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill, and ability required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
The audience for this exam
- Experienced Linux IT professionals who currently have RHCSA certification and are interested in earning an RHCE certification
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended the Red Hat System Administration I, II, and III courses or the RHCE Certification lab
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- An RHCE who is noncurrent and has passed the RHCSA exam