Incorporating IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. In this course, you will write Ansible playbooks to automate tasks, and you will run them to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured. You will also explore examples of how to approach the automation of common Linux system administration tasks.
This course covers the following;
• Install Ansible/Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
• Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
• Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and ad hoc commands.
• Write effective Ansible playbooks at scale.
• Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
• Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles
At the end of this course you will be able to;
• Introduction to Ansible
- Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
• Deploy Ansible
- Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
• Implement playbooks
- Write a simple Ansible playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
• Manage variables and facts
- Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
• Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible playbooks.
• Deploy files to managed hosts
- Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
• Manage large projects
- Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
• Simplify playbooks with roles
- Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
• Troubleshoot Ansible
- Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
• Automate Linux administration tasks
- Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.
• Comprehensive review
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by installing, optimizing, and configuring Ansible for the management of managed hosts.
At the end of this course you will be issued with a Red Hat certificate.