In this course, you will configure and organize users into teams and assign permissions that allow them to review, use, or manage resources on Ansible Tower. You will also learn about advanced workflow management and receive a basic introduction to the Ansible Tower API.
This course covers the following;
• Install Red Hat Ansible Tower.
• Configure users and teams to access Ansible Tower resources using role-based access controls.
• Use Ansible Tower to manage shared access to inventories and machine credentials.
• Create job templates and workflow job templates to standardize playbook execution.
• Launch playbooks and monitor and review job results using Ansible Tower.
• Successfully complete Automation with Ansible I (DO407), or demonstrate equivalent experience with Ansible, Ansible playbooks, and roles
• Be a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation, or demonstrate equivalent Ansible experience
• Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® knowledge and experience
• Being a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) may be beneficial
At the end of this course, you will be able to;
• Install and access Ansible Tower
- Explain what Red Hat Ansible Tower is and navigate and use its web user interface.
• Manage access with users and teams
- Create user accounts and organize them into teams in Red Hat Ansible Tower, and assign the users and teams permissions to administer and access resources in the Ansible Tower service.
• Manage inventories and credentials
- Create inventories of machines to manage, and configure credentials necessary for Red Hat Ansible Tower to log in and run Ansible jobs on those systems.
• Manage projects and launch Ansible jobs
- Create projects and job templates in the web UI, using them to launch Ansible playbooks that are stored in Git repositories in order to automate tasks on managed hosts.
• Construct advanced job workflows
- Use advanced features of job templates to improve performance, simplify customization of jobs, launch multiple jobs, schedule automatically recurring jobs, and provide notification of job results.
• Manage advanced inventories
- Manage inventories that are loaded from external files or generated dynamically from scripts or the Ansible Tower smart inventory feature.
• Perform maintenance and routine administration of Ansible Tower
- Demonstrate ability to deliver routine maintenance and administration of Ansible Tower.
• Comprehensive review
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by configuring and operating a new organization in Ansible Tower using a provided specification, Ansible projects, and hosts to be provisioned and managed.
Upon succesful completion of this course, you will be issued with a Red Hat certification.