This course will teach students to install a proof-of-concept and configure, use, and maintain Red Hat OpenStack Platform. The focus on this course will be managing OpenStack using the Horizon dashboard and the command-line interface and managing instances.
This course covers the following;
• Launch an instance
• Manage projects, quotas, and users
• Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses
• Create and manage block and object storage in the Openstack framework
• Customize instances with cloud-init
• Deploy scalable stacks
• Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using PackStack
To help prepare students for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210), the following competencies are covered in this course:
• Install and configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using PackStack)
• Manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage
• Set quotas
• Configure images at instantiation
To learn more competencies to pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210), take the next step in the OpenStack training path with Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210).
At the end of this course you will be able to;
• Launch an instance
-Launch an instance and describe the OpenStack architecture and use cases.
• Organize people and resources
- Manage projects,users, roles, and quotas.
• Describe cloud computing
- Describe the changes in technology and processes for cloud computing
• Manage Linux networks
- Manage Linux networks and bridges.
• Prepare and deploy an internal instance
- Manage images, flavors, and private networks in preparation for launching an internal instance and launch and verify an internal instance.
• Manage block storage
- Manage ephemeral and persistent block storage.
• Manage object storage
- Manage object storage.
• Prepare and deploy an external instance
- Manage external networks and security in preparation for launching an external instance and launch and verify an external instance.
• Customize instances
- Customize an instance with cloud-init.
• Deploying scalable stacks
- Deploy a stack and configure autoscaling.
• Install OpenStack
- Install an OpenStack proof of concept using Packstack.
• A comprehensive review of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I
- Review tasks in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I course.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.
Upon succesful completion of this course, you will be issued with a Red Hat certification.