The focus of this course is managing Red Hat OpenStack Platform using the unified command-line interface, managing instances, and maintaining an enterprise deployment of OpenStack. This course also teaches the management and customization of an enterprise deployment of OpenStack (overcloud) and how to manage compute nodes with Red Hat OpenStack Platform director (undercloud).
Thisc course covers the following;
• Build and customize an image
• Write a Heat template
• Diagnose and troubleshoot OpenStack issues holistically
• Manage Ceph storage in an OpenStack environment
• Scale compute nodes
• Migrate instances
• Scale stacks automatically
After the course, you will be able to;
1. Course introduction
- Introduce and review the course.
2. Manage an enterprise OpenStack deployment
- Manage the undercloud, the overcloud, and related services.
3. Manage internal OpenStack communication
- Administer the Keystone identity service and the advanced message queueing protocol (AMQP) messaging service.
4. Build and customize images
- Build and customize images.
5. Manage storage
- Manage Ceph and Swift storage for OpenStack.
6. Manage resilient compute resources
-Add compute nodes, manage shared storage, and perform live instance migration.
7. Manage and troubleshoot
- Manage and troubleshoot virtual network infrastructure.
8. Manage resilient compute resources
- Add compute nodes, manage shared storage, and perform live instance migration.
9. Troubleshoot OpenStack issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot OpenStack issues and services.
10. Monitor cloud metrics for autoscaling
- Monitor and analyze cloud metrics for use in orchestration autoscaling.
11. Orchestrate deployments
- Deploy Heat stacks that automatically scale.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.
Upon succesful completion of the training, you will be issued with a Red hat certification.